Sunday, January 13, 2008

The little things!

First off I want to THANK everyone for their comments. I LOVED them! I would have posted this earlier this week but I have been sick. You know I am really sick when I can't even get out of bed to blog. I am all better now! The comments did make my day and each day after! Thank you and keep them coming!! :)

So I wanted just to post about 2 little things that totally make me smile and feel all bubbly inside! I loved these 2 things that happened this week. First, was the other night when we were all at the dinner table and Zach said, "My teacher asked if I was Mormon!" I am sure some people would be upset that a teacher was talking about religion in class. However, it made me happy. I hope she doesn't get the idea that not all Mormons are not that great at helping out in the class or aren't that faithful with doing homework with their kids, or what not! But for some reason just her knowing we were Mormon made me happy. The majority of the people I come in contact with everyday have other beliefs. and I love to share the gospel with others but am not good at it at all!

The 2nd thing that got me all bubbly inside was when I had to take Lauren to the doctor. I sat down by the children's bookshelf and on the bottom shelf was the Book of Mormon Stories!

I am sure people wondered why I had this enormous smile on my face. Growing up in Utah this isn't such a crazy thing. But in California it's not normal. I was so happy. Of course I got all excited thinking the doc or someone who worked there was LDS. But inside it said To: so and so From: some sister missionaries. So I am not sure how it got there but it was a smiling moment for me.

Another time I was going to the gym and I went to get a magazine from the rack and there was the Ensign. I was so happy. Of course I grabbed the celebrity gossip magazine (I have the Ensign at home) and I didn't want anyone else to not have the chance to read the Ensign! But I was so happy. I thought that is a good way to do missionary work. A more subtle way. Either way it made me happy!

I love the gospel. I am not good at expressing it with others. but I love it! Living outside of Utah has been an eye opener. There are so many great people from other faiths! I love knowing that there are so many good people in this world!

I thought I would share my bubbly moments this week! I know I am kind of cheesy and a dork but thanks for letting me share. I guess you have no option! Have a great day!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks for sharing! Those are really great bubbly moments! I miss seeing you around, we should go to the park or something. CALL ME!

Jerry and Lyn said...

Reading your blog made me all bubbly inside too. great rewards do come in time. I love you.

Di said...

I love hearing happy little moments especially when it's about the gospel. It's good to know that the Church is always in full force no matter where you are. Even though you say you are not good at expressing it I know that your example is probably easily recognized there. Keep sharing. I love cheesy dorks... because I think I'm one too!

Mikesell Family said...

Loved the post. I'm sorry you were sick! What did you have? Hopefully not the flu. I know how much you hate to throw up.

The Bullocks said...

that was a good thought. I agree, that's one thing I liked about living outside of Utah is seeing so many good people of other religions. and it's fun when people ask about ours. although kind-of intimidating.