Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Diamond UPDATE**

So I am posting this a little late and I have told several people this already...however there is a positive ending now! Well the day we left for Utah back on Dec. 21st. I was packing and cleaning up the house. I was vaccuming our bedroom and heard this loud metal sound I had vaccumed. I quickly turned off the vaccume to find ONE of my diamond earrings on the floor. The post was bent (but can be fixed) and the diamond was still there. However no matching pair to be found. I was so sick. And already stressed from trying to pack all our bags. This wasn't the 1st time I had lost these ear rings. Little Lauren loves my jewelry and likes to play with it. I thought I had it hidden, but she got a stool up to my dresser. Little Squirt! I looked everywhere. I even was freaked out that Tobi...our dog, had ate it. He eats everything on the ground. So after looking all over the house I resorted to searching ALL of Tobi's remains in the backyard. (Luckily I hadn't been cleaning up the doo doo lately) Gross I know. REALLY gross. and it was raining. It was awful. Anyway nothing was found. As I said we were leaving that day and we were leaving Tobi with a pet sitter. So I embarrassingly asked if she would either search his poop for the next day or two or keep it in a baggie for the next 10 days. YUCK. She was so sweet and said she would look for me. Of course I don't know how thuro she would be since it wasn't her diamond. Well I called while on vacation and no special present was found. The night we returned from Utah I put a pile of clothes on my dresser and the clothes pushed back against the wall and a little sweet sound hit the wall. It was my diamond earring. It must have been dangling between the wall and the dresser. I had searched the top of dresser but didn't find it. After all the stress, poop, praying and more praying it was found. What a sweet blessing. I thought I would update all those on the happy ending. Since when I told the story, I left it with nothing more than hopeless doggie doo doo. I am so happy and hid the earrings in a much better spot this time!!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

you are so lucky that you found it...even after all of the poo searching. In May 2006, I was working at the scrapbook USAexpo at the southtowne expo center, and I looked down and noticed that my diamond was missing out of my wedding ring...to this day I am Diamondless...therefore I do not wear a ring either!!! I was so sad...well mayber this time I will get a bigger diamond!! I'm glad that you found it...oh...there are a few pictures added to our blog...come and check out the kids!! HAve a good weekend!

Clements Family said...

THat is great that you found it! I know things like that can be so sad to loose...I lost one of my anniverary bands and never found.

Karen said...

Isn't it funny what a girl will do for diamonds? Maybe if they weren't so sparkly...

Heather said...

Yeah!!! I'm so glad you found it. Thanks for the updade. 5 more days!!!!!

Lindsey Stubler said...

Becca,
Way glad you found your earring! What a headache! I can't believe you were searching through poo though... that does NOT sound like you! Cali has done something to ya- you need to move HOME!

JAGBHansen said...

Scary!!! I lost my first pair of diamond earrings at a basketball game. I had to take them out and I gave them to my friend's mom to hold onto for me and well, I have yet to get them back. That was in the 6th grade! I am much more careful now. I am so glad that you found your earring, what a blessing you were able to hear it!

Maegan said...

Hey Becca, I use adobe photoshop elements for my digital scrapbooking. So that is what I used for Joy's Header. There are many, many sites out there were you download kits from digital scrapbooking designers. If you want to email me I can send you some of my favorites. But it is addicting so be prepared! maegofeago@yahoo.com