Thursday, March 13, 2008

GREAT FIND & MEMORIES!!


I was so excited yesterday for what I found at target. And I am sure they didn't just start selling these again, but more like I just started looking. WEll I have attempted to do the curling iron thing with Lauren's hair and it was quite the process. So I was looking for foam rollers from back in the day that my mom used on me! LOOK WHAT I FOUND! It was complete flash back from my childhood. My mom always put me in curlers. Crazy thing I had stick straight hair back then. I didn't have naturally curly hair until I hit puberty...weird, I know, but true. So when I found the foam rollers I was so excited to also find these hair barrettes! I LOVED these when I was little. The little bow, the birds, and bear. How stinkin cute! And it completely brought me back to when I was like 3-4 years old...of course I can remember that far back! :) I think Lauren was just as excited as I was. I just had to share my favorite buy for the day! Oh and I almost purchased jelly shoes for ME, but decided the sweaty feet isn't my favorite thing! ....Complete childhood memories! And maybe everyone has already been using the stuff but it just was fun for me to find...I am a little slow!!:)
I have been searching all morning for a picture of me when I was like 1 and I was sitting in the bathroom playing with all the hair things...I know these were the exact same cute barrettes. LOVE EM!! But couldn't find the picture...it must be in storage along with everything else! Dang it!

Oh and I tried out the rollers on Lauren last night. It turned out so cute. However her hair is really fine and half of them fell out in the night, so I think I need to use some product in her hair or roll them tighter. Any advice hair master's our there?

7 comments:

Nick and Amera said...

Becca,
She just reminds me so much of you! She looks alot like Gerry, but Im not kidding, you can tell her personality just by those pictures! she really does seem like she'd be alot like you in personality! She is so cute and I love her hair. What a cute girl you have there! Im so baby hungry for a girl, bows, clips, bretts, pink...oh I just love it! Probably means i'll have a boy next, you just watch! I missyou!!

Clements Family said...

How cute does her hair look! Love it! I totally remember the curlers and barrets. Also, funny, my sister wears jelly shoes, but I totally understand the sweaty feet thing!

Karen said...

I just got Elizabeth jelly shoes for the summer. She loves them! I also have those barrettes. I don't have to use the curlers because she has naturally curly hair. It even does ringlets when I put her hair in ponytails! I don't quite know what to do with her hair because I couldn't get my to curl to save my life! My mom used to put the rollers in my hair overnight. I bet if you put mousse in it before you rolled them that would work too. I did hate trying to sleep on them though...

Karen said...

I meant to put having the hair in rollers overnight and wet. That worked for my stick straight and super fine hair.

Heather said...

I think her hair turned out way cute. I remember after being in those rollers, my hair would be super poofy and out of control. I'm quite impressed with what you did with it. She's so dang cute!

Di said...

Gotta love curlers! Ok so I've missed your last 5 posts because I keep thinking that it will come up on my google reader... why did you have to go private! J/K! I was wondering why you hadn't posted... duh... I need to remember to go to your blog "manually" now. It was a nice catch up when I finally realized it. You make me laugh and I love your posts. By the way, I think I'm a purple color code with a little bit of green... ha ha.

J said...

Hey I had stick straight hair before turning 13 too ... now I have frizy hair. Loved the curlers evey Saturday night.