Thursday, March 6, 2008

Can the girl not get a break!



And I am not talking about a brake... please no! Knock on wood! We did have another spill yesterday! This girl has had it rough! Lauren was playing around with Tobi (really Tobi is a great dog, don't get me wrong!) and Lauren was rolling around by my treadmill, and hit her head on the wheel, metal, screw...not sure what part exactly! Well she only cried a minute and I held her. Then put her down and was getting ready to leave. So I laid Lauren down to change her diaper and noticed I had blood all over me. And couldn't figure where it came from. Well then I realized the back of Lauren's head was bleeding and the carpet was all bloody (sorry if this grosses you out...it does me!) but anyway it stopped bleeding but Lauren refused to let me look at it. So we were off to urgent care! 2 1/2 hours later the doc (who knew us from previous urgent care matters...sad) said that it could use a staple but he thinks it could heal with minimum scaring and it will be hidden and so he wouldn't put his kids through that pain. So we are watching it and hope for a quick recover. She is of course back to her normal dancing, running around and scaring me to death! I am just happy that she is okay and that we didn't need staples! In the mean time we have a mean hairstyle!!!


*Sorry pictures were taken with camera phone and Lauren was freaking out and didn't want me looking at it! It bled quite a bit, but head cuts I guess do!

2 comments:

crazymamma said...

Hey Becca..oh your poor little girl! That is soo sad..you freaked me out for a minute when i read the title about "can this girl get a brake...because that just happened to my 4 year old and it sucks. Broken bones suck. Especially when there is a cast from his hip to his toe..but seriously i feel soo bad for her little head. There is nothing more scary than watching your little one when they are hurt, and especially when there is that much blood...oh sad..I hope that this will heal fast. Anyways..i wanted to say hi and tell gerry hi for me, and by the way your kids are adorable!

Jerry and Lyn said...

Becca, I think that Lauren has had her share of "bad breaks" lately. I hope she has 50 years of good luck now. Poor girl. Give her a love for me.