Friday, September 5, 2008

Stress, School, and Surgery!!

The past few days have been a little stressful....

Labor day I got a call from my step mom saying my Dad had a heart attack! Not something I ever wanted to hear. Luckily he was able to get to the hospital in time and put right into surgery. What a blessing!! I have just been sick about it...especially not being able to be there and see him. My Dad is now home and recovery!! I feel truly blessed...I can't imagine my life without my sweet Dad!
(As always my Dad is smiling!!)

The next day Sept. 2nd Zach started 2nd grade!! Exciting and sad! He is liking his new teacher and happy to see all his old buddies. I was really sad that I didn't get to walk him to class the 1st day because Lauren went into surgery early that morning. But Zach was happy to have Dad take him to class the 1st day!! Gerry was so great to even get pictures of the morning.
(Excited for school!!)So while Zach started school, Lauren went into surgery to have her 2nd set of tubes put in her ears and have her adenoids removed. I was stressed out with everything going on. But again we were blessed to have Lauren's surgery go smoothly. She was a bit sick coming out of the anesthesia...but is doing well. She was feeling good the 2nd day and I think played too much...which is why I think she is sick today...but we are getting better. (Lauren after surgery)

The past couple of days have been stressful. I honestly wasn't sure how I was going to get through it...but as always I am so BLESSED and always taken care of. I am so thankful for all I have!!

6 comments:

Clements Family said...

Oh Becca! What a hard few days you have been through! I am glad that everything turned out ok! My sister had her adnoids taken out a few months ago...that is a pretty painful recovery! You are in my thoughts!

Jerry and Lyn said...

Becca, I cannot imagine what stress you have been through the past week. My goodness, I have been so stressed about your father that I have neglected to even think of what you are going through. How is Lauren doing now? How are you doing? It is so stressful the first day of school and then to have your father and daughter in the hospital. I am sorry I have not been more attentive. I love you. You have been in my prayers.

The Gardners said...

I had the same operation done, and I was ear infection free for a long time

The Balls said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear about your dad. My dad had a heart attack a few years ago and it was so scary, I know the feeling! I am glad all went well and he is recovering at home...the best place!

Nick and Amera said...

Becca! Oh my gosh, when it rains it pours! Im sorry life is way overwhelming right now. My heart goes out to you and all that your family is going through. I hope your dad gets better, but by the looks of things, he's smiling!! What a spunky dad! Poor Lauren, she is so cute and sweet, I hope she feels better soon. Your such a good mommy and daughter, good luck with everything, your in our prayers!
Love you!!

Di said...

Wow, what an overwhelming time! Way to keep a positive attitude. Hope things get better soon :)