Sunday, June 8, 2008

Doozie!

I am going to be a downer for just a minute! It's been quite the 2 weeks! I tell you ever since we got home from Hawaii...it's been a Doozie! Just to tell a little...or you may not enjoy reading my blog again. Well when we got home from vacation I got sick with this nasty cough, which Gerry also had. Anyway long story, I ended up getting bronchitis. Then the next day woke up with pink eye. Why? I don't know. but it just adds to the grand time we were having. During all this, not last Tuesday but the a week before (almost 2 weeks) Gerry went to young mens, where they were playing basketball. Within 40 mins of Gerry leaving he called me and said he got hurt and was on his way home. Well poor thing landed wrong on his ankle. Sad. (this is right after)
The next day he was in so much pain, went and had x-rays, and was told no brake. Well a week and half past...he is in tons of pain, unable to care for his sick baby with bronchitis (me), and me not to capable of taking care of my crippled baby (Gerry) finally call the doc.
(This picture was a couple days after the accident...not yet the worst. I didn't get a picture at it's worst...it was too nasty!)Gerry ends up having to go see an orthopedic surgeon, who takes one look at Gerry's enormous ankle which is bright red, realizes he tore 2 ligaments and it got infected...not a good thing. So now he is on crutches, in a boot, and on medicine and doing better. And will see the doc this Tuesday.So we are on the up and up. Honestly my house is a terrible mess, I am a mess, my kids are a mess...can I say I want my mommy! I honestly have wanted to cry. But I am not coughing up my guts, as much! So this week I may clean my house!

How sad...here I am a mope! We truly are blessed. My kiddies haven't gotten my sickness...knock on wood. and these things are only minor. I do think Gerry also wants his mommy! He said he is not sure who is going to take care of him when he is old. Sad! I have been sick too! :) I did manage to get him a bowl of cereal!

But on a happy note... it was a beautiful day yesterday! The kids enjoyed slippin slidin in the backyard and we hit In-n-Out and the park for a picnic yesterday evening. So we are a little slow with the "hopper" but we are mending.

Hope you all are happy and healthy! Have a great week! Becca

8 comments:

eclarklind said...

Gerry looks like he has elephantitis!
I hope you all are feeling better!

holly said...

Wow---I am so sorry. His ankle looks terrible. you should have called Brian! I'm glad he is doing better now though. When you are better, let's get together.
Are you planning on movies this summer?

Jerry and Lyn said...

I cannot believe his ankle. How hard it must be for both of you. I wish I were closer and I would have had you over for dinner or brought dinner in. I know bronchitis is miserable. I am so glad it did not turn into pneumonia. I am glad you are all felling better and on the mend. I cannot wait to see you and the children. Hurry up and come see us. Then I can feed you.

Clements Family said...

Oh Gerry's ankle looks horrible! Hopefully it will heal better! I hope you are feeling better! I had so much fun talking to you for two hours yesterday!!! I miss those times!

Natalie said...

oh man..his poor ankle! That bites! I broke my baby toe in April..and it hurt like crazy...I can't imagine dealing with that ankle and being sick! Hope that you all start feeling better and bounce back! Have a great day!

Rhiannon said...

Gerry! That is horrible! I can't bare to even look at it. Sorry you were sick Becca. I think you, my mom, and myself were all fortunate to have bronchitis-sp? Too much partyin' I guess. Hope you guys recover soon. PS I like Zach's new do.

Di said...

Yuck! How awful for both of you.
I can't believe he wasn't told at the first Xray how bad it really was. I swear, people are always getting hurt at church ball. Hope the "hopper" has a speedy recovery and that you are feeling better to take care of your hubby and house.

Lindsey Stubler said...

Oh Becca! That sucks! I hope you start to feel better! By the way, awesome pictures of Hawaii! I'm so jealous!