Saturday, May 31, 2008

Hawaii!!

I can't believe we have been home a week now! Life has been busy. Gerry and I finally got to take a vacation other then to Utah! As much as I love Utah...Hawaii was absolutely fabulous. We flew out early morning on the 17th and flew into O'ahu and spent the day in Honolulu at Waikiki Beach and just hung out. We were overwhelmed with how busy it was and thought it was an upscale LA. We flew out that night to the island of Kauai, also known as The Garden Island. Which exactly what it was. Covered completely with beautiful scenery. Once we got there we decided this was our kind of vacation. There is a rule on the island that no buildings can be built bigger than a palm tree. Also Kauai is a very small island...you can drive around it in 2 1/2 hours. It was absolutely amazing. If you have never been then you MUST go! We stayed up in Princeville area, which is on the North Shore if you are familiar with the island. It was gorgeous! We hit as many beaches as we could. Some days we would beach hop, others hang out at our favorite ones. It's funny because one morning while eating breakfast we were watching Good Morning America and it was naming Americans most beautiful beaches. And ranked #2 was Hanalei Beach, Kauai Hawaii. That day we were laying out on that beach! Crazy huh? It was the most relaxing vacation ever. One day we did do a little work... we went on a kayaking/hiking tour. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. We started with a 45 min. kayaking then hiked 30 mins up to a beautiful waterfall, had lunch, then kayaked back 45 mins. It was so stinking fun. We also rented snorkeling gear and enjoyed seeing the fishes. Gerry is more expert in this area...and went out a lot further in the ocean then I did. He actually got to see a bunch of sea turtles, 2 different times. He said it was so cool to just sit there and watch them eat, and swim to the top for air. I took his word for it. I was too chicken to go out that far! It was tons of fun! Our absolute favorite thing was to eat their famous shaved ice w/ macadamia nut ice cream on the bottom (yum) and layout, read, listen to music, and enjoy the beautiful beaches! Our last day we flew back to Honolulu and went to lunch and did some souvenir shopping and went to see Pearl Harbor, we didn't go in because it was Memorial weekend...packed...but we enjoyed the beautiful sunset there and then had an overnight flight back to LA. It was perfect. and a much needed vacation. Thanks to Grandma Lind for making it possible and coming out and taking care of Zach and Lauren. Who thought they were on vacation too, with all the fun they had with Grandma and Aunt Rhiannon!! What a great time. We will be back...it honestly is the most beautiful place. Love it! It was also great to have sweet Zach and Lauren's hugs when we got home!! Here are some pictures from our vacation. I took over 300...I just couldn't get enough!!


**Sorry pictures look like crap on the slide show. Just on the slide show not sure why they are so grainy!

10 comments:

Clements Family said...

Those are amazing pictures...how fun! I am so totally jealous! I can't wait to go there! It looks like you had so much fun...and how lucky that you were able to go without kids.

crazymamma said...

Oh how fun! Jesse and I just got back ourselves from kauaii and we also stayed up in princeville! How fun! I was looking at your pics and it brought back soo many memories!!! We love it there. We also did the kyack tour/hike and i thought it was sooo freaking awesome too! I loved kauaii and i miss hawaii sooo much! I am glad that you and gerri got to do this!! yeah!!! and yumm...i miss the shave ice!!!!
shauna

Madame Mauri said...

How fun!! I'm so happy you had an awesome vacation! Your pictures are gorgeous, they made me a little 'homesick.' :) Kauai is my favorite island. How fun to see everything! Did you get a good tan? I would love to hear all the details!

The Gardners said...

We miss Kauai!!! I am glad you had fun! We finally have a blog: howdothegardnersgrow.blogspot.com! I am still in the process of getting more pictures up. : )

Natalie said...

man...I am so jealous...the last time that I went to Hawaii was for my senior trip...I need to take Shaun over there! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Mikesell Family said...

How lucky are you!?! What made you guys decide to go? I want to go!!! I'm so jealous...no kids too!

Heather said...

What cool pictures!It made me so sad we weren't there with you guys. It looks like you guys had a blast.

Nick and Amera said...

Oh man, I am so jealous right now. Those pictures make me wish we could just live there and never work another day in our lives!!! What a great time you guys had, and hello!! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL IN every single picture!!! Im so happy for you guys! Thanks for showing and sharing, it has us convinced to go on that same trip ourself's!!

Joy said...

why did i pick miami beach over hawaii last year, i dont know! I am jealous, I went several years ago, but Geoff has never been. We might have to steal your vacation idea!!! Looks like a lot of fun, and you are so skinny!!

Di said...

You are looking good girlfriend :) I love your swim attire! Tyler's mom wants to plan a family trip to Hawaii for next Summer... I can't wait. Now I just need to come up with a plan to get Tyler on the plane.