Thursday, June 19, 2008

Father's Day Mishap

On Father's Day Gerry was taking a nap. I was cleaning up dinner while talking on the phone with my mom. I saw Lauren dragging the iron and my hot glue gun by the cord. And thought oh what the little stinker. I didn't think anything could come of her getting in my stuff. Well my mom asked to talked to Lauren...while they were chatting...I am sure my mom was startled when she heard me yell, "LAUREN LUCILLE LIND!" I grabbed the phone and told her I would call her back. Well I found Lauren's toys, aka the iron and a hot glue gun plugged in and laying on the carpet...HOT! I am just lucky that I caught the iron before it left a major mark. Good thing is we are renting. haha. I am joking! and who knows how much they will charge us for it! Little squirt!

5 comments:

Jerry and Lyn said...

I am so glad that you cought the plug in problem before it could have been tragic. It could have been a lot worse with burns on little fingers. Aren't children wonderful!!!!! Keeps you on your toes all the time, you just never know what they will get into or do. But don't we just love them to pieces!!!!

Clements Family said...

Oh no! I am sorry! By the way, I loved that dance too...I love this show and can't pick a favorite just yet! I like so many of them! Brooks is even hooked on the show!

Di said...

What a little stinker. Tyler sprayed our carpet with scrub & spray for the tub thinking it was carpet cleaner and it basically bleached it... ugh!

The Gardners said...

Kyle and I were laughing so hard at the picture of Lauren pointing to the carpet. She looks so innocent! : )

Mikesell Family said...

I bought that same dress for Reese! I loved it. I was looking at your blog and Boston was sitting on my lap and he said "Hey Mom, Reese has that dress huh!" Leave it to my son to notice those details. ha ha.