Tuesday, November 4, 2008

KNOCK ON WOOD!!

I think we might just have it....potty trained that is!! Lauren actually has been great for a month or so. but I worried if I said she was potty trained...I would jinx myself! I think it's okay to say....LAUREN DID IT!!! I actually can even take her out in public!! That was a big fear for me...having accidents at the store or something! Honestly it really is my fault it took so long for Lauren to conquer this...I was lazy for 1. Hate to admit it...but I dreaded going out and having to do the public bathroom! So I would do pull-ups and I think that confused her and so on! But I finally allowed my baby to grow up! Yeah! We still wear pull-ups at night just to avoid cleaning all the bedding! :) Again laziness! But for the most part she wakes up dry! So there you have it...my baby is no longer a baby in diapers!



Don't you just love the pictures with her shirt tucked in her undies! These were taken the 1st week of potty training! My cute lil' mama!

6 comments:

Nick and Amera said...

Im totally knocking on wood! I wish so bad that McCoy was potty trained, its so much of a dream!!! Oh and about that long comment on my post.....I LOVE IT, SO BRING MORE OF THOSE LONG STORIES MY WAY!! Love you!! thanks for the advise :)

Jerry and Lyn said...

Kudos go to Lauren and to you too Becca, that is really an acomplishment for both of you. the pictures are darling.

Clements Family said...

YEA for potty training!!! Good job! That is such an exciting thing!

Mikesell Family said...

Hip hip hooray! That is so exciting! I am so with you on the bathroom thing. I get complete axiety when I have to take my kids to the bathroom they touch everything and then before I can make it to the sink to wash their grubby little hands, they've put em in thier mouth. GROSS! I'm just a germ freak. I had sanitizer with me the whole time at Disneyland and I think I went through an entire bottle...and Disneyland is pretty clean for the most part. I'm just weird I guess. Oh true story:
Gentry and Brock (Kassing) took the kids to the bathroom and Marin (Brock's little girl) was tracing with her finger the name someone carved into the toilet seat and then Brock went to yell at her to stop and right when he said her name she got scared and put the germ infested finger IN HER MOUTH! Sorry I just threw up in my mouth re-telling that story.

The Gardners said...

Yay for Lauren! You will have to give me tips when Anna starts her training.

The Bullocks said...

I swear I didn't potty train Tyson until he was 3 and it's the best thing I ever did. I thought it was so much easier. so your not lazy your just smart.
I love your kids Halloween costumes they are so cool. Zach looks just like jack sparrow.
oh and I was going to tell you, I was so excited I found a travel size lysol that I take in my purse so I can spray down the toilet seat before my kids have to use a public restroom. it's one of the best purchases ever.