Sunday, April 6, 2008

My Favorite!

I love conference! This conference seemed to be my favorite. Maybe because my kids were so good to color and work on their conference packets! I enjoyed every talk.



My very favorite was by M. Russell Ballard about motherhood. I so needed this talk. My favorite part was...




"...the biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of the three of [my children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages 6, 4 and 1. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."


What a great talk! Now if I can just remember this and be a better mother and wife! And put all my time into my family. So enough blogging and back to family life! :)


Hope you all enjoyed conference weekend...as much as I did!

6 comments:

Clements Family said...

Oh my heck...my favorite talk of all of conference! He honestly had me crying. I loved that part to, and you totally beat me to posting about it! I try every day to think of the little things that the kids do and write them down so that I can always remember them...I love this time in our lives!

Jerry and Lyn said...

Conference was great!!!! That was one of my favorites too. there were so many that touched my heart. We missed having you here with the family.

Nick and Amera said...

that was my favorite talk to! What a great message!! Yes, being a mother is such a great calling and he reminded me of how much responsiblity I have and how much I should be cherishing it. I do cherish my family and baby, but I think alittle more loving and alittle less cleaning is what I need to work on! What a great talk! I love conference too!

Natalie said...

I think all mothers loved that talk...we all need that little reminder to treasure things just a little bit more! Gotta love those Conference packets...I don't know one kid around here who did not do them...man, it kept their attention! lifesaver!!!

Di said...

I was beginning to doze off during conference (It happened on both afternoon sessions...I'm bad) when for some reason it was like I got shaken out of sleep and this talk was on. I loved it even though it made me feel a little guilty. I listened to it again yesterday and was crying at my desk looking at a picture of Tyden... I'm just glad no one walked into my office.

Sara said...

I love love that quote! Love your blog backgound, love the new hair cut, and am excited to hear more about your new scrapbooking job!!! So much fun!