Monday, October 15, 2007

Hello From Monrovia!



So we are finally moved! But not quite all the way moved in! I have joined the vampire lovers! I am addicted to Twilight! If you don't know what I am talking about, you have to go get the book today! I heard a while ago from a good friend this book was so good about a love story with a vampire. I thought it was quite funny. Then when I was shopping at Costco and saw the book for only $10 I thought I ought to see what everyone is talking about. I thought if it was stupid it was only $10. And so it has become 1st priority over unpacking. If I could just read all day then I would be able to finish, but I really don't want the book to end. It's that good! Good thing there is 2 more sequals after it! So who knows when we will really be all the way moved in.

Anyway, we moved to Monrovia about 2 weeks ago. Being away from family it was scary to think of moving all by ourselves. Gerry's strong all, but I am no help. We were so blessed to have such great ward members from both our old and new ward who came and helped us. We were so thankful to have so much help! The big move really is only about 25 mins away from where we lived before, depending on traffic of course. but it has been a great move for us. We love having a back yard. It's a free babysitter. Honestly, I don't know how we have gone this long without a backyard. And although the house we are renting isn't much bigger than the apartment we came from, it's like a whole other part of the house having a backyard. It's amazing!

We went to our ward on Sunday for the 1st time and we are happy with it. Everyone was so welcoming and nice. It's quite a bit smaller, but there are at least 3 boys Zach's age, which he enjoyed meeting. Also, Lauren stayed in nursery all by herself the whole 2 hours. That is unbelievable. That has only happened 1 other time, and being her 1st time there I was so excited that she enjoyed it. There was one bad thing about moving into a new ward. And I am terrified for 2 weeks when we have to speak in sacrament. We have been married 4 years now and lived in 4 different wards and never had to speak. I don't know how we have been so lucky. Well actually in the last ward, I was in the hall at church one Sunday and one of the members of the bishopric asked if we had ever spoken before, and I jokingly said "yes" and smiled like I had been caught. But the guy quickly responded "oh yeah I remember when you talked" and I didn't want to embarress him and tell him I never really talked, so I thought it was better left that way. Not the most honest thing. I am not sure why I am sharing I just thought it was so funny. I guess it is our time to talk. I am just terrible at it. I am starting to feel sick now!

A couple weeks ago we had a great visit from Malinda and Thad. It was so fun to have them come out and visit. The kids loved having their aunt and uncle here with us. While they were here we visited the LA Temple, which is so gorgeous to have this amazing beautiful clean Temple in the middle of this crazy dirty city. We also went to Old Town Pasadena, and The Grove in downtown. It was great to see them and have them stay with us. Sometimes it makes it harder to have family visit because it makes me miss them so much more. but it was well worth being home sick for awhile!

7 comments:

Joy said...

finally another blog update, i was wondering if you were still alive. I am glad the move went well. We will be able to see your new place next month when we come down, yeah!!!

The Waldrams said...

I can't believe how long Lauren's hair has gotten! You moved away too fast! I'm so jealous you have a backyard, the kids must LOVE it! We need to get together sometime.

The Bullocks said...

your kids are so cute.
I am so excited that you are into the Twilight books. they are so good, I'm way too obsessed with them. I'm so sad that I'm all done reading them, I think I'm going to read them over. so welcome to the world of wishing your husband was a vampire.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

You're definitely one point ahead of me. We still have a great ward, but no backyard. Someday . . . :)

Desi said...

Okay, I feel like the biggest dork! Because I have been out of town constantly the past four months... I didn't even know you had moved until I stumbled upon your blog. I wish I had known when I saw you at Ikea. I hope you are enjoying your new place!

Di said...

I love these pics. Lauren is so beautiful. I'm reading Twilight myself and am almost done, but I must say I think it is a bit cheesy (I know it's for teens), but I still like it. I'll save my other comments for my book club:) That's awesome you have a backyard now. I hope you did good on your talk...who doesn't get nervous...ok maybe a small percentage of people don't.

The Balls said...

I am so glad that you found our link! You are now on our blog! I hear the Twilight books are AWESOME and I am soon joining the club! You guys look so good. The kids are getting big. We need to come see you in good old Cali, especially now that you have a house! It will be nice to stay in touch a litte easier through the Blog world.