Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Aunt Rhiannon & Uncle Clark


We were so excited to have Rhiannon and Clark come and visit us for the weekend. The kids were so happy to have their aunt and uncle here. Well Rhiannon and Clark got here Friday afternoon in time for us to go to Monrovia's weekly "street fair". The city closes down the whole street for a few blocks. It's like a farmers market, but a big deal. The street was filled with lots of places to eat, a lot of different little vendors selling clothing, jewelry, soaps, you name it. It was a lot of fun. For dinner we enjoyed the warm fresh spicy tamales, grilled corn on the cob, and freshly made kettle popcorn. It was the perfect night to be out and about. The fair also had a little petting zoo set up right in the middle of the street. Well I am too cheap to pay to have my kids go in, why would you when you can pet them through the fence for free! ha ha. I am sure the people running it weren't too impressed as I stood there taking pictures as Lauren tried to lift up the chain link fence to get the ducks. Oh well it was fun!



After the fun, we went back home and got the kids to bed for some more fun. My favorite. Game time! For some reason Gerry doesn't find it fun playing two player games with me. He must get sick of losing :)!! Anyways it's always our favorite to play games! Clark and Rhiannon taught us a new one called, Bang! Although I lost every round, I still loved every minute playing. I am a gamer. (Is that a word?) What can I say!

Then Saturday, Gerry, Clark and Rhiannon went golfing. Gerry was way excited about that. It was the perfect day to be out on the course. After they got back the kids had a blast playing baseball in the backyard until it was too dark. Later that night we went to dinner at Rosco's Chicken and Waffles. Sounds weird if you haven't been there. I was a little skeptical about the combination even after many people saying how good it is. When we got there the place was packed, which is always reassuring. Of course we had to order the famous fried chicken served with a side of yummy waffles. It was so good. Even the kids loved it. That's saying a lot. And Gerry is still talking about it. Can't beat nice greasy chicken! After dinner we went home and the kids sadly said their goodbye's since Rhiannon and Clark were leaving the next morning. We then had to get the Settler's of Catan going and enjoyed playing until late hours. All and all the weekend was a lot of fun and it was so sad to say goodbye!




4 comments:

Di said...

Hey you. I'm a gamer too although Tyler doesn't enjoy Settlers anymore for some reason. I think it's the way people get so competitive (of coarse not me:) I'm glad you found my blog even though I e-mailed it to you after I created it. It sounds like so much fun to live in Cali. Tyler wants to move there, but I say no to that, but your pics are starting to make me say yes...ok only for a minute.

Carrie said...

Hi there, I'm Diana's friend Carrie, I remember hanging out with you guys once for games. Nice blog, very darling fam! Glad you're well! :)

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Cool yard. Sigh - someday I'll have one, too. :)

Rhiannon said...

Oh my gosh! Lauren and Zach look so great! I can just picture Lauren doing her little giggle. And hey, that chili looks darn good. That Brandi Carlile and Ingrid songs are two of my favorite songs. Good choice! I have some big news, I received a tally during a Settlers game Sunday night. Still feelin good about it. I did the "Indian" dance in honor of Gerry. Thanks for having us. That was so much fun. It was definately worth the hood on my car.