Friday, October 19, 2007

Stinking Rose

On Monday Gerry took me and Lauren (no babysitter in the day) to lunch in Beverly Hills. Gerry had seen this yummy restaurant on TV (I think it was on Rachel Ray) so he thought we should try it out. When we pulled up and I saw Stinking Rose Garlic Restaurant I thought that it was an odd name, but if it was on Rachel Ray it better be good. When we got inside, I realized it is probably somewhere you would go on a date night without kids, but we figured for lunch we couldn't ruin too many peoples romantic meals. The atmosphere was so cool. It was all lit by candle light and the walls were painted in all sorts of garlic themed pictures, hence the name. Many of the tables were under their own individual tent. It was so fun. With Lauren it wasn't very romantic, but it could have been. Anyway being the garlic restaurant, we were served yummy yummy garlic rolls. And then our delicious meals came. I got chicken asparagus with spinach noddles. It was so good. It had so much flavor. Gerry got short ribs which were also very tasty. After we stuffed ourselves we thought we should try out their garlic ice cream. We usually never have room for dessert, but we thought we better try this one. Our waiter also said it was very good and lots of people like it. The menu said it was served with carmel sauce. So I thought that would take away the garlic flavor. The 1st bite I almost couldn't breath, it was so strong. I couldn't believe the waiter had lied to us. No one in their right mind could like that. I thought Lauren would like it because it was ice cream. After her 1st bite she said ew, caca and grabbed a napkin and wiped her mouth, then went quickly for her drink. She refused to try another bite. It was the funniest thing to see her so grossed out by it. Gerry on the other hand had to keep eating and said it's not that bad after the 1st bite. I told him I rather pay $7.00 to not eat that! That was after he realized I didn't care if I hurt his feelings, I wasn't eating it. He quickly agreed how fowl it was. This picture they had on their website looks so good. Very deceiving!
Anyway I thought I would share our lovely lunch. Other than the ice cream the place was YUM O! (Isn't that what Rachel Ray says?) If you are ever in Beverly Hills you should give it a try! Also if you are in Beverly Hills, you better be visiting me too!

3 comments:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Kudos to you for trying the ice cream, anyway. Phillip is a fan of all things garlicky, but I think that dessert might be a stretch even for him.

Heather said...

I'm jealous your in fabulous California and you have all these great places you can go. It seems so "The Hills" that you could just go into Beverly Hills for lunch. For now I will stick to Chick-fil-a. I miss you and I wish I was there to share these great lunches with you!

Clements Family said...

Hey...I have to say this is a yummy restaurant. Brooks and I went once in San Francisco...one day we will go back. We are always up for italian! I am totally jealous and wish we could be there!