Thursday, October 23, 2008

Grandpa &Grandma Lind & Aunt Rannon Visit!!

We have been so lucky this month with visitors! Just this last weekend we were thrilled to have Gerry's parents and sister come stay with us. The kids were so happy to see them. We had a great time while they were here...but as I always say time went too fast!

Thursday our special guests arrive ...of course no pictures..dang it! We had a dinner party with the huge upset BYU game. Hey the season's not over! :) Okay, I nothing about football...but high hopes for the team!
Friday we spent the day at Knotts Berry Farm. Which was great fun. The park wasn't busy at all which meant quick lines! Loved it! I am such a scaredy cat...but always happy at the end of the scary rides! :) This time around Zach was pretty confidant on the rides which was really cute to see him all grown up. And Lauren really enjoyed her kind of rides too! It was a great day! We had a little...okay a big scare at the end of the day (another post to come!) but it ended wonderfully! We got drenched on the Big Foot Rapids ride...but then Ed, Rhiannon, Gerry and I went on this other boat water slide (I think more like a drop off) twice in a row and was soaking wet!! So fun!Funny story on Lauren's hat...I always try to put a hat on her when out in the sun too long because of her scar under her eye...sun makes scares darker or something. Anyway, I forgot a hat so I sent Gerry to buy one. Well he came back with this baby hat. I mean Lauren's small and all...but not this small. Gerry threw away the receipt so we couldn't exchange it. So Lauren strutted this little cap. Sweet Gerry! Either way Lauren was adorable!
This picture was taken by flash on the dark train ride...Lauren was terrified. Her eyes were so big. She just held Zach's and Rhiannon's hand and didn't even cry. Saturday we went to Zach's soccer game. Which he did great! And won! Then we hung out and in the evening went up to Mount Wilson to overlook LA county and watched the beautiful sunset....amazing! Again I forgot my camera. I need to steal some pictures from Ed. It was beautiful. Then we hit Old Town Pasadena to do some shopping...then off to In n Out! And of course we ended the night with some Ticket to Ride. I need some practice on that game! But it was a fun time! Thank you Ed, Becky and Rhiannon for a wonderful weekend! The best part was just being together! We love you and miss you already!

2 comments:

Clements Family said...

You are so lucky to have so many visitors! Who doesn't want to go to California??? Looks like you have been having so much fun! I hope we get to see you when we are in town!

The Gardners said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! We wish we could have been there. Hopefully we can all get together for Thanksgiving.