Thursday, October 9, 2008

Germphobia and Head Honcho

As many of you may know I am a germ phob! I am paranoid that we will catch everything, which we tend to do. Honestly I have my kids wash their hands all the time. Sweet Gerry even puts up with me telling him to wash his hands when he comes home from work! :) Poor guy! This is why I am a germ phob...
I went into help out in Zach's class and was sitting at a table with a group of kids. Zach was sitting next to me and the girl next to him, elbows touching might I add, started saying her stomach hurt. In my head I was like, "holy crap, are you serious!" I can't handle stomach flu! I told her maybe she should go tell the teacher. So she left and we continued on. While I am mentally preparing myself for stomach flu next week, the same sweet girl comes back with her backpack and getting some papers. Everyone was asking why she was going home. And I thought because she threw up or something. Oh no that was not it....she was pointing to her head. And everyone was confused. She announced, "Head lice!" HOLY CRAP are you kidding me!! Poor little girl! but honestly I can't do that! I have been crawling and making Gerry check my hair ever since! I came home washed my hair quickly. Then when Zach got home, I buzzed his hair. They say that hairspray and hair products the lice like. So Zach is now strutting a buzz! I just hope we never get lice...knock on wood!
One other fun story. I say funny so I laugh and not cry! Unlike last year where every parent in Zach's class wanted to help and be the room parent, this year no one wants to help! I think it's sad. I signed up as one of the assistant room parents so I could help but not be in charge. I take orders better then giving them (in some cases). Well last week I was called and asked to be the head room parent for the class since no else signed up. So it's all me...no one to give orders to! I thought okay I can handle this, with Lauren a little older she will be easier to handle then 2 years ago when I did this and just stressed the teacher out! Well then same day as the head lice, I found out that they put me as head parent over all 5 2nd grade classes! WHAT? I feel honored...that's a joke! I am a little stressed since 2 of the classes don't even have a room parent! Oh and we have a fall festival in less then 15 days to have a booth at and need 12 helpers. And what have I got myself into....Lice and responsibility!! Wish me luck...that we don't get lice and that I don't ruin all of 2nd grade! Maybe we should home school....JOKE!!

3 comments:

Annice and Ben said...

Oh Becca! My head was itchin just reading about the lice!! I've had a similar experience before.. so I know exactly how you feel! As for the head parent, good luck! I know you will do awesome! Hang in there!

Clements Family said...

YUCK!!! That is just making me itch all over! That is actually really sad that no one will volunteer to help out with their own kids!! Congrats to you! You will do super!

Di said...

You crack me up! Good luck!