Monday, October 18, 2010

best mannered!




Zach attended 2 schools in 3rd grade. When we moved to Utah in March he went to Ridgeline Elementary. Here he is on the last day of school. Each kid in his class got an award. Zach's was "Best Mannered!" Of course made me one proud mama!!

Side story: About a month into moving to UT Zach needed a hair cut bad. Gerry normally cuts his hair but I never seemed to ask when Gerry had time and I got impatient and decided I would cut it. I have before but it sometimes...ok always ends up with a buzz. This was okay until now. I cut Zach's hair on the shortest guide. He was in tears. He said, "Mom I am the new kid still trying to make friends. I can't be bald!" Well that night I dropped him off at his friends birthday party. I walked in with him to sign some waiver thing for the activity they were doing. We were there literally a second and Aaron piped up, " Zach your bald! " I seriously felt so bad. Zach had to make sure he told everyone it was my fault and I messed up. I felt so bad. Funny thing when I was in the middle of uploading the pictures just barley, Zach came in and saw them and said, "Oh was that when I was bald!!" I had to laugh...at least his isn't traumatized by it now. And of course I will no longer be cutting...buzzing his hair!

No comments: