Monday, February 11, 2008

Grandpa Hunter~



Gerry's sweet Grandpa Hunter passed away Feb. 5th. He was 86 years old. What an amazing guy he was! As I think about him, I just have to smile! He was such a kind man. He always made me laugh. He always had something funny to say! I loved it. The past while he has been sick and I have felt so bad that he didn't feel well. He was such a hard worker and for him to not be able to get around the way he would like, I am sure was so hard on him. I am so thankful for Gerry having such a great grandpa. He has supported Gerry in everything Gerry has done. Since I have been in the family, there wasn't one special occasion that Grandpa and Grandma Hunter have missed coming to support us with. They have shown our family so much love. He loved his family so much. Every year they have the biggest Christmas parties. (98 people in 1 house) He was so great with all the little kids. And just smiled the whole time! What I admire most about Grandpa was what a great husband he was. He loved Gerry's grandma so much. I can hear him now calling her "mama". He adored her. and her him. He was always so happy with a big smile and something sweet to say! What a great man he was! I am thankful that my kids were able to know him. When I told Zach he was so sad. Zach had just been able to visit Gradpa Hunter at Christmas and knew he wasn't doing well. Zach was so happy to know that Grandpa is no longer sick. The night that Grandpa passed, at dinner Zach gave the pray and in it said, "please bless that Grandpa and Jesus are having fun together!" I had to smile! We went this weekend to Idaho for the funeral services. It was a beautiful funeral. I am so glad we were able to go. However it was so hard to see Grandma Hunter without her sweetheart, my heart just aches for her. They loved eachother so much. I am happy that Gerry has so many great memories with his Grandpa. I am so thankful for the example Grandpa Hunter was. I know that he will never be forgotten. and truely missed! We love you Grandpa Hunter!~

5 comments:

Clements Family said...

We are sorry about your loss...what a cute Grandpa he was!!

JAGBHansen said...

We are so very sorry to hear about Gerry's grandfather. Know that your family is in our prayers...

Di said...

Grandparents are the sweetest! I think I'll finally become sweet and humble like my grandparents when I'm old and gray.
Sounds like he lived a good, long life. That is sad that his wife is without him now, but only for a little while :)

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I love Zach's prayer. Way to put things in perspective. :)

Melissa & DJ said...

I'm so sorry about your loss. I think its so great that you guys have such great memories of him! He sounds like a great Grandpa!!