Monday, September 17, 2007

LA County Fair!!


Saturday we hit the LA County Fair. I think all of LA had the same idea. It was packed with lots of people. Which meant lots of traffic. But once we finally made it there, it was well worth it!
At 1st the kids weren't sure what to think as you can see by the look on their faces (top pic). but as soon as we made it through the crowds to the farm animals. They were so happy! It was fun! Zach was surprised that roosters really say cock-a-doodle do. Lauren, as many of you know has been delayed in her speech, due to all the ear infections she had the 1st year of her life. and since she finally got tubes in her ears, and about 6 months of speech therapy, she is now talking a lot more. However she is so stuck on naming everything either dada, mama, or baby. It's hilarious. I can repeat the name of the animal a million times and she still insists on calling it a dada, mama, or baby. I was called a cow and pig! She is so funny.They had tractors for the kids to ride around on. Zach and Lauren loved that. Zach thought it so nice of the fair to have free tractor rides! It makes me laugh how big he is getting and that he is so aware of those things.
After that of course we had to enjoy the yummy slushies. And play a game. Zach was happy he won a stuffed animal all by himself popping a balloon with a dart. We skipped the rides because I had no desire to wait in the long lines in the hot sun. And why after we had the free tractor rides!!! Just joking. but it was a fun family day at the fair. We then had to hurry home for Gerry to of course watch the BYU football game. But I refuse to discuss football on the blog. So we won't go on about that. Unless next time it's a big win! Anyways it was a fun family fair day!!

6 comments:

Joy said...

I would have had loved to switch you fairs, i want to come down next year just to go to the fair, but it is definately much more crowded than the little utah fair!! so i didnt know you were such big UTE fans, wearing red on game day, way to go Gerry and Zach!!! (maybe that is why we won, or why BYU lost)

Eric & Gretchen said...

The LA zoo looks like tons of fun. I would love to see Malinda this weekend. I am going to Boise, but will be back on Saturday night around 7:00pm. We will have to get together late or on Sunday.
Gretchen

holly said...

I've never been to the LA fair...it looks quite fun from your pictures. You are very brave to go on a Saturday, though. Whatever great idea you get here, 7 million other people have the same one :)

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Sounds like Lauren has the really important words down. Be grateful she hasn't learned "No!" yet. :)

The Lind's said...

Joy, Joy, Joy,
Come on! You know we don't support, who was it again? Oh yeah the Utes! We must have been supporting USC that day. Whatever the color may be. I am pretty sure it was not for your team!! Oh and did you not read? No football to be discussed!!! Just kidding. Congrats on your win, it's far and few in between!!
(You know I am joking! To some extent. I don't really care about the whole thing. but I do need a happy husband and he reads the blog :) )

Holly,
It was Farmer's Insurance day!
(Gerry's work). Otherwise Saturday wouldn't have been our choice! but Holly your kids would like it. I think it's still going? and the weather is perfect!!!

Kimberly,
It's too bad that "No" was one of the 1st words learned. And I thought it would be the only word, from the way she continued to use it. I agree it's great that she has learned Mama, and Dada. Much better than screaming. (as I am sure you have heard across the thin apartment walls! Sorry!)

The Bullocks said...

Don't you love the fair. It's so fun to get to see your kids. I'm glad you didn't go on any rides. they are a stinking rip off.(I'm such a cheep skate) anyways, I wanted to forward you that bow link but I don't have your actual e-mail address. I sent it to Betsy and told her to forward it on to you. but will you just send me an e-mail with you address on it. sorry, I don't know if I saved yours anywhere.
p.s. sorry about BYU, Ryan was a little grumpy also.