Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Joining the bloggers~

I have decided it is time to join the blog world. I am new at the whole thing. But thought it would be a great way to keep in touch with all our friends and family...near and far! To start, I thought I'd give a little update on what we are up to.

Gerry is currently working for Farmer's Insurance in LA, as an actuary. He has been studying a lot, preparing for one of the big actuarial exams later this year. Not too fun. But he does manage to find some fun in the sun, golfing. I just started working part time for a attorney. I don't think anyone would really consider it work. I am there the most 10 hrs a week. I do scanning, filing, and little things here and there. I am enjoying it. We are moving to Monrovia, CA at the end of the month, so I am trying to get motivated to pack. It's only about 25 mins away from where we are currently. But we will be moving to a house with a fenced yard. We are thrilled to have a yard. Not sure if we will know what to do with it... but I am sure we will manage.

As for the kids...Zach is now a big 1st grader!! Crazy! He started last week. And he is enjoying it. He says it's easier than kindergarten. Not sure what I think about that. but he likes it. He was completely ready to get back to school after the big summer. Or maybe I was! No, just kidding. It's actually sad to have him gone all day. But I guess he has to grow up sometime.

Lauren is now 2 years old. She is so sassy. and a complete girly girl. She loves to talk on the phone, wear jewelry, do her hair, take care of her babies, and loves, LOVES shoes. She is so silly.

We love our kids. They definitely keep us busy. Well that is our family!~ I plan on trying to keep up on our little family blog every week. That is the plan anyway. Well have a great one!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Welcome to the blog world, Becca! I'm so glad you've taken the plunge - especially because you'll be MOVING from our darling South Pas - I just heard the news last week. Of course, I'm so happy for you guys that you'll be in a house and I once you are settled Penny and I can come test out the lawn for you.

I'm excited to keep tabs on your blog. See you soon :)

The Bullocks said...

Hi Becca, so good to hear from you, I love blogging, I've become obsessed with checking up on everyone and what they are doing, through blogs. I think it's such a good way to stay in contact with everyone. anyways, your kids are adorable, I can't believe how old they are getting.
we also have a blog so if you want to check it out it is ryancbullock.blogspot.com I hope you don't care but I'm going to add your link to my blog, so I can always check up on it.
love Katie(swensen)Bullock

elizabeth cullimore said...

We are sad you're moving! At least we can keep in touch with blogs!

M@ said...

Congrats on the house (and the blog)! Hope all is well with you!

Matt

Joy said...

Yay, now a way to see pictures of the family more often!! I bet your so excited to move into a bigger place, you know, my dad grew up in Monrovia, I can't remember the street off the top of my head, but I spent many days in that city, its a nice place!!
Good luck, and if you want to check out our family blog it is gandjosmond.blogspot.com

holly said...

Cute blog, Becca. Good luck figuring out the picture thing. Mine just seem to upload ok-- I have no expertise to offer. Sorry.

anMAREe said...

Cute blog. I am glad I get to see pictures of my adorable niece and nephew...oh and of you and Gerry, too. :)