Saturday, March 21, 2009

Grandma Heslop



My sweet Grandma Heslop passed away this afternoon and although I am happy that she is now free of pain and in such a better place...I will miss her dearly! My Grandma Heslop is actually my step grandma...but you would have never known it. That was the amazing thing, she never made me think that I was anything but her granddaughter! There was no "step" in the loving grandma that she was to me! She took me and my siblings in as her own grandkids! At age 9 I still remember her loving acceptance from day 1 of coming into the family! I don't know how she did it... she always made me feel so welcome! Her and my Grandpa have been there for everthing for me. and have done so much for me! I have so many wonderful memories. I have been so blessed to have her in my life! I will forever remember her as my sweet little Grandma which always welcomed me with the same big smile, loving hug...and the sweet kind voice "Oh Becca!" she would say! I love that amazing women and she will always be in my heart!

I love you Grandma and may you know how thankful I am for you being a part of my life! ~Becca

5 comments:

M@ said...

This was great Becca! Thank you!

Heather said...

Again, I am so sorry for your loss. That's so great that even though you were a step-grandchild she treated you the same as the others. Sometimes it's hard being in step families, but to know you're loved and accepted makes it so much easier.

Clements Family said...

Becca that is such a sweet tribute. Again, I am sorry! Hugs!!

Natalie said...

I am so sorry about your cute little grandma. She realy seems like a nice little lady. Are you coming up for the funeral? IF so, have a good trip. I haven't checked your blog for quite a while..your kids are getting so big!

Nick and Amera said...

Oh Becca, Im so sorry. Grandmas are hard to lose. Its good to see them go cause of thier age and such and you truely are happy for them, but they are still hard to lose. They are so beautiful and soft. Best wishes and luck with everything, I love you!!!