Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Nose issues!


I would have never thought this little thing could raise my blood pressure the way it did! Lauren came crying out of the kitchen...I thought she had sniffed some candy up her nose while she was eating it. (Does that make sense?) because she was pointing to her nose. I ask what it was...she said scared as can be "a toy stuck in my nose!" I then got scared. Oh no I have heard of kids putting things in their nose...but not my kid, please! Anyway it was this little piece to Zach's small Lego building thing. Luckily Lauren calmed down enough for me to carefully get the toy out with some tweezers. It's a blessing she didn't shove it up further, and that I was able to do it without pushing it up! SCARED me to death! We now know that NOTHING goes up our nose!!
**Oh and excuse my pictures for the next while (hopefully only 4-6 weeks). My good camera batteries melted inside my camera. (and my other camera is still in Utah...serious camera issues!)So I am in the process of the battery company either fixing or replacing. SAD! But happy that it's not at my expense!

5 comments:

Heather said...

We've had this happen to us twice. My kids stuck candy up their nose and it was so far up their that we had to go to the dr to get it out. It's so scary!! It's just one of those things you just don't know what to do.

AngiDe said...

Oh no! That is so scary! Good thing you got it out without any added trauma! ;)

Clements Family said...

I actually remember when Kaylee did that with a skittle. That is scary and sad! Poor girl! I am sorry about your camera! No fun!

Anonymous said...

We've been through this, too. Olivia pushed an airsoft pellet up her nose. Of course, it had to be at 11:30 at night (yes, she was supposed to be sleeping), after the Instacare clinics were closed, and it was too far up there for me to get out, so Shane ended up taking her to the ER. Four hours (only about 20 seconds of which was actually seeing the doctor and having the pellet dislodged) and $900 later, she was ball free and happy as a clam because they gave her a popsicle. Sheesh!

By the way... great blog and darling family! Thanks for the invite!

Aubrey said...

Hi Becca!!! you look exactly the same, how long has it been? like 7 years, wow time goes by way too fast! where are you in cali? i have a step sister that lives in thousand oaks, what took you there? well its so good to hear from you again! keep in touch! oh and your kids are darling!!!